Day Light Savings To-Do List
November 3rd we turn the clocks back and gain an hour thanks to DayLight Savings. Given that, we are turning the clock back why not put that extra hour to work. Make a to-do list that can change or improve your home.
- Do a fall deep cleaning. Get rid of clutter in your home, donate, recycle or toss the items your no longer using
- . Swap out closet and decor. Take those summer and spring items and swap out for warmer attire.
- Flip your mattress which will extend the use of your mattress.
- Ceiling Fans can go counter-clockwise to clockwise. Clockwise rotation pushes the warm air down, Counterclockwise allows your home to stay cool.
- Replace HVAC Filters. New Filters in addition to keeping the air clean it will keep your heating and cooling running efficiently and in turn lowering your heating and cooling bills.
- Check your water heater. Water Heaters need flushing. Flushing will show if there are any leaks along with getting rid of sediment that gets trapped inside.
- Change your Smoke and Carbon detector batteries to be avoid being woken up in the middle of the night.
- Clean your gutters keep the water away to avoid damage to the home.
- Restock your emergency kit with fresh batteries in flashlights, car kit is key current with jumper cables, blankets, water, first aid kit, radio, phone charge powered by solar, utility knives, gloves, medication, games, and cash.
- Daylight savings is also a great time to take inventory on your home and figure out what home improvements you want to do, and if you are not sure which ones provide the best value to your home contact your local real estate agent and they can put you in touch with local contactor and tell you about current home trends.