Tips when selling your home You have decided to put your home on the market and thinking about staging the home vs. leaving it empty or using your own furniture. No matter what you decide to you here are a few simple tips or ideas to make your home look perfect to sell.
1) Don’t lose the personality of the home. A home should feel warm and many experts will say take down all the personal photos and that might not be the right move. People like to look at a home and see themselves and sometimes seeing the current family pictures you display makes it feel like a home that a buyer can relate to. Make sure every room doesn’t have photos of you but a few throughout the home are great.
2) Don’t cram all your furniture you own into one room. When you put too much furniture in a space the room looks smaller. Try to stick to two or three big pieces in a room
3) A Clean house shines and shows its true beauty to all. When you clean your house try to also look at each room and wonder if there are items that can be removed to reduce clutter. Clean spaces without distraction sell homes
4) Before you put your home on market DE clutter your home and don’t put it in the closet. The closet is one of the places buyers will want to open up and everyone cares about closet space. If you aren’t sure if you want to get rid of an item put it in storage, but if you can purge items before you put your home on market it will be so much easier to move and that last minute showing request might not feel that stressful if you didn’t stuff the clutter in the closet.
5) You put all the love inside the home but don’t forget the exterior. The exterior of the home is the welcome sign. If the exterior of your home looks great then you’re saying hello please come into our lovely home we think it’s fantastic and we hope you do too. Cut the lawn, power wash the house and driveway touch up the paint on the house and shutters if needed and maybe plant or put out some potted plants.
6) Make sure your home smells great if it means baking some cookies, banana bread or even lighting your favorite candles make sure your home smells good. Take the trash out; make sure last night dinner you can’t detect.
7) Make sure your pets are put away securely. Some folks love animals and others do not. You want everyone in your home to feel welcomed and comfortable.
These tips can also be used if you’re renting your home as well. If you can’t afford to stage a home or your furniture is not that great you feel you can also virtually stage your home, which often time can be done for a lot less money. Regardless if you’re thinking about selling your home and actually staging your home or doing virtual staging. If you follow these tips you will be told sooner you have an offer and need to think about your next chapter in your life. Contact me if you have questions or are thinking about putting your home on market.
Leave a Reply